The ISEKI Food Association (IFA) is an independent European non-profit organisation, established in 2005 by university institutions, research institutes, companies and associations related to food, coming from all over the world. IFA is registered under Austrian law as ZVR 541528038.
The main objectives of IFA are:
Establishment and maintenance of a network between universities, research institutions and companies in the food chain by
- promoting synergies between research, education/teaching and industry
- Development of a virtual community of experts in the field of food, with communication to the general public
- Establishment of a framework of agreements among partners, fostering the mobility of students and staff
- promoting the development of further related projects
Working towards the quality assurance of food studies by
- Tuning curricula
- Developing teaching materials and teaching methods
- Cooperation in the implementation of quality criteria in the food chain
- Accreditation of food studies
The main activities of IFA are:
- Accreditation of food study programmes: In 2011 IFA became a founding member of EASPA, the European Alliance for Subject-Specific and Professional Accreditation and Quality Assurance.
- Providing teaching materials
- Providing training for teachers and food professionals in form of workshops, e-elearning courses and webinars
- Supporting mobility of students and staff
- Supporting the development of research projects: In 2010 IFA has been granted consultative statuswith UNIDO.
For further infomation contact:
c/o Department of Food Sciences and Technology
Muthgasse 18, A-1190 Vienna / Austria