ICA Rectors and Deans Forum 2022
Association for European Life Science Universities (ICA)
Bending the curve for biodiversity: challenges and opportunities for life science universities
To be held on 20 and 21 October 2022
at Agriculture Academy, Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
The goal of the ICA's Rectors and Deans Forums
This annual ICA Forum for Rectors, Deans and senior management of agricultural and life science universities in Europe aims to provide these university decision makers from ICA's member universities with the opportunity to meet, to discuss current issues in the agricultural and life sciences and to exchange views on issues with relevant stakeholders in industry, government and NGOs.
A Forum Focus
The challenge is for the co-creation of a transdisciplinary research agenda that tackles the ambitious task of bending the curve of biodiversity loss in the focal areas:
- Biodiversity in the Food System
- Human–Wildlife Interactions
- Realisation of the Multiple Values of Nature
B Expected outcomes
The delegates will take back to their universities their reflections on
- the knowledge-based evidence that is needed to make effective and inclusive decisions for the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity;
- the approach to educating their students that will empower them as our future leaders to address and act to protect and enhance biodiversity.
C Target Audience
The forum is primarily aimed at Rectors, Presidents, Deans and Senior Management in agricultural and life science Universities. In addition, academic/faculty staff and degree programme coordinators are encouraged to participate.
D Forum Organising Committee
Antanas Maziliauskas, Agriculture Academy, Vytautas Magnus University, LT; Julian Park, University of Reading, UK; Arthur Mol, President of ICA & Wageningen University and Research (WUR) NL; and Simon Heath, ICA Deputy Secretary General