ICA SIG Educator Workshop:
Implementing challenge-based learning in sustainable entrepreneurship education allowing for the development of (sustainable) entrepreneurial competencies
Was held online on Wednesday 26 April 2023 from 10.00 to 12.30 CET
A Workshop focus
This ICA-SIG Educator Workshop will focus on the role of student challenges and student competitions as catalysts for entrepreneurial learning and student engagement. The workshop aims to:
- Share perspectives on competence development in challenge-based learning in sustainable entrepreneurship education
- Provide learnings from industry partners, academics and students; a real-life case example
- Help participants critically reflect on their own educational and pedagogical practices to engage learners in challenge-based entrepreneurship education
- Jointly develop ideas for further application and research in sustainable entrepreneurship education
Comptetences for Sustainable Entrepreneurship
Lisa Ploum, Wageningen University and Research, Wageningen, NL
Fostering sustainable entrepreneurial attiftude and competences in students - a "becoming who you are", persepctive and call for real learner centred universities
Andreas Zitek, University of Natural resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU), AT
Using the EntreComp framework to evaluate entrepreneurship program focusing on challenge based learning
Daniele Morselli, Free University of Bolzano, Faculty of Education, Bolazno - Bozen, IT
Engaging, farmers and agri-food industry partners in the design of a challenge-based student assessent.
Yiorgos Gadanakis, Agricultural Business Management, University of Reading, UK
The Educator Workshop was designed to be interactive and allows for sharing experiences, igniting discussions and (re-)connecting with the community around sustainable entrepreneurship education.
C Target Audience
Degree programme coordinators, lecturers, members of committees responsible for the (strategic) development of curricula. National education advisors are also invited to contribute to the discussion. Students are also more than welcome to join the ICA-SIG workshop.
D Workshop organising committee
- Lisa Ploum (Chair) – Wageningen University and Research
- Andreas Zitek – University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna
- Yiorgos Gadanakis – University of Reading
- Guido Orzes – Free University Bozen-Bolsano
The ICA-Edu SIG for Sustainable Entrepreneurship Education is enabled by the Executive committee ICA-Edu.
Contact Lisa Ploum
F Upcoming events on sustainable entrepreneurship education:
April 12: Educator Workshop: Innovative Pedagogy for Sustainable Entrepreneurship Education – SSES Learninglab
June 12 – 13: Symposium Teaching & Curriculum Development in Sustainability Entrepreneurship will be held in Paris at ESCP Business School and UNEP. ICA-Edu is an affiliated partner for this event.